A chemical peel reveals younger, healthier-looking skin one layer at a time. The chemical solution is applied by one of About Face’s skilled, licensed estheticians to improve the appearance of skin by removing damaged outer layers. The chemical solution is applied to the epidermal layers of the skin, causing the area to peel and regenerate new skin cells.
Chemical peels are helpful in reducing facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin tones. Patients with only slight sun damage or acne and sensitive skin may benefit from lighter peels, while those who have more damage may need a deeper peel.
Since chemical peel strengths vary, the first step is to call for a free consultation.
Chemical Peel Options at About Face
- Obagi Blue Peel Radiance contains a unique blend of acids to provide a gentle but effective salicylic acid-based facial chemical peel, resulting in tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin immediately after just one treatment. In the right photograph below, the patient had three Obagi Blue Peel Radiance treatments.
- ZO® 3 – Step Peel™ is an innovative, in-office treatment peel targeting melasma, acne, fine lines, rough texture, large pores and dullness, followed by an at-home treatment that produces longer lasting results than ordinary peels. Suitable for all skin types. Click here for a patient information video where Dr. Zein Obagi is performing the 3 – Step Peel including before and after pictures.
- PCA Sensi Peel – Gentle solution for all skin types but primarily formulated for ethnic skin and sensitive skin types including rosacea. Helps to strengthen and brighten the skin while treating sun damage and other forms of hyperpigmentation.
- PCA Jessner Peel – Provides exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. Very effective on sun damaged and thickened skin types. Great at treating acne including cystic.
- PCA Ultra Peel Forte – Deeper, more active treatment, for those with resilient skin who have more dramatic wrinkling, sun damage and acne scarring.
- Elizabeth Arden Lactic Peel – A light exfoliation suitable for all skin types providing a healthy glow by removing dry dead skin cells. This treatment can be combined with other treatments such as Rejuvapen micro needling or a microdermabrasion.
- Elizabeth Arden Photo Damaged Peel – This anti-aging peel system is designed for all skin types–especially photo damaged, aging and problematic skin.
- TCA Ultra Peel Forte – Deeper, more active treatment for those with resilient skin who have dramatic wrinkling, sun damage and acne scarring.
- Compounded TCA Peel – This is one of the strongest peel systems we offer and is suitable for most resilient skin types. It’s very effective treating severe sun damage, acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinol Booster – Great stand alone treatment but even better when added to chemical peels, microdermabrasion and micro needling treatments. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and polyphenos, this treatment leaves the skin brighter with improved texture and coloration.
- Detox Facial – This mild but active blend of acids detoxifies all skin types. Acids penetrate pores to purge skin of impactions, remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation leaving skin purified and clear.
Remember, peels are not just for the facial area! The arms, legs, back, hands and feet will benefit from peels treating sun damage, dehydration, fine lines, wrinkles, acne and keratosis pilaris. Chemical peels are offered at both the Abingdon and Bristol About Face locations. Consultations are free, and you may call Abingdon at (276) 525.1693 or Bristol at (423) 989.3223 for your appointment.