Weight loss at About Face Medspa & Wellness begins with a conversation–not about where you’ve been–but about where you are wanting to go.
Our About Face Weight Loss Nurse, Renee Shelley, has worked in weight loss for almost 20 years–much of that with Sue Cressel. Renee will ask for a medical history, obtain current weight and vitals and discuss plan options. Then, you’ll be seen by a Nurse Practitioner who will discuss your options, listen to your heart; and if you are a candidate for a prescriptive weight loss plan, prescribe an appropriate medication.
This all occurs in a friendly, supportive environment. See our prices and services below.
|Weight Loss Service or Product||Price|
|Phentermine Sixty 37.5 mg tablets||$55|
|Phentermine Package 89
|Phentermine Package 130
|Semaglutide Weekly Weight Loss Injection. Begining Price||$30|
|Semaglutide Weekly Weight Loss Injection. Beginning Price + Lipovite||$42|
|B12 Single Injection||$12|
|B12 Package of Four Injections||$30|
|GAC Single Injection||$15|
|Lipovite Single Injection||$15|
|Lipovite Package of Ten Injections||$149|
Semaglutide, also known as Ozempic or Wegovy, is a GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide) receptor antagonist that supports glucose metabolism by helping the pancreas release an optimal amount of insulin. It can help manage blood sugar, reduce weight, improve cholesterol levels and support cardiac health. Semaglutide (GLP-1) was prescribed to treat Type 2 diabetes by improving glycemic control with patients. This therapy proved itself to be an excellent option for patients that had challenges losing weight.
- FDA approved for weight loss
- A weekly injection
- More effective than all prior weight loss medications
How does Semaglutide work?
- Slows down the stomach’s emptying time – so you feel more full longer
- Suppresses appetite and food cravings (average patient eats 30% less)
- Lowers blood glucose levels – without making glucose levels too low
Possible side effects:
- Abdominal pain
Benefits of Semaglutide
- Weight Loss
- Improves blood sugar & cholesterol levels
- Cardiovascular benefits
- Treats PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Decrease smoking sensation
Do not use if: You or a family member has history of Thyroid Cancer (MTC) or Endocrine System Condition (MEN2).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- After I leave your office, how should I store my Semaglutide? Answer: Semaglutide should be refrigerated (not frozen).
- There is a dimple in the center of the vial. Does that mean the Semaglutide has been used?Answer: Those taking a vial of Semaglutide are receiving sealed, fresh bottles that have not been used. The “dimple” indicates the best place for the needle to be inserted.
- My vial is not full. What is wrong? Answer: Nothing. You are purchasing two milileters of the Semaglutide medication. It takes up about 1/3 of the sealed vial. It has not been opened nor has it been used.
- May I return the medication should it not work as I’d hoped or if I break the vial. Answer: No—this is a prescriptive medication and cannot be returned or refunded.
Like other weight-loss medicines, phentermine is meant to be only part of a weight-loss plan. For example, it can be be used with healthy eating, physical activity and behavior change. Phentermine is for people with obesity or overweight who haven’t been able to lose enough weight with diet and exercise alone to improve their health.
Common side effects of phentermine include:
- Faster heart rate
Phentermine is one of the most prescribed weight-loss medicines. B
However, you should tell the tell the Nurse Practitioner if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid gland or glaucoma. It also isn’t for people who are pregnant, may become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
If you are taking Suboxone, Phentermine will not be prescribed at About Face Medspa & Wellness.
Your initial visit seeking weight loss medication (semaglutide injections or phentermine tablets) to About Face Medspa & Wellness requires that you be seen by a Nurse Practitioner. Our Nurse Practitioner is available during clinic hours which are as follows:
- Monday, 11 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 4 pm – 7 pm (last patient seen at 6:30 pm)
- Friday, 1 pm – 5 pm (last patient seen at 4:30 pm)
If you are simply needing a Lipovite or B12 injection or your second Semaglutide injection, there is no need to see the Nurse Practitioner. Walk-ins are welcome for these types of services. Our weight loss staff arrives at 11:00 am daily and will typically be available until 5:30 pm on Monday; 6:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday; and 5 pm on Wednesday and Friday. We are closed on weekends. Call ahead to 423.574.3223 if you are driving a distance and want to ensure you can get your injection.
Kelli began her weight loss journey on Semaglutide in December and met her goal in February losing a total of 26 pounds.