Tirzepatide (the active ingredient in the brand Mounjaro) – Effective 1 x weekly weight management therapy administered via a subcutaneous injection. About Face Medspa offers a compounded version of Tirzepatide which is more cost effective than the brand Mounjaro.
Tirzepatide must be kept refrigerated. For those who travel and take medication with them, we will supply an ice pack for an additional $1.50 or patients may bring their own ice pack.
Tirzepatide (GLP-1 agonist) was approved by the FDA in May 2022 to treat Type 2 diabetes by improving glycemic control with patients and in November 2023 approved as a weight loss medication. Proved to be an excellent option for patients that had challenges losing weight
Some common side effects: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, constipation, upper abdominal discomfort and abdominal pain. Nausea is the most common side effect. Drinking alcohol while taking Tirzepatide may cause severe low blood sugar. Do not take if pregnant, planning on getting pregnant or breastfeeding.
Serious but less common side effects include hives, swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat; change in vision; dehydration; gallbladder problems (severe stomach pain, vomiting and fever); kidney injury (decrease in urine, swelling of ankles, hands, feet); pancreatitis (severe stomach pain spreading to back worse after eating or when touched accompanied by fever and vomiting); and thyroid cancer (new mass or lump in neck, pain or trouble swallowing, trouble breathing, hoarseness). If you experience any of these symptoms, stop medication and seek medical help immediately.
Benefits of Weekly Tirzepatide Injections
- Weight loss
- Improves blood sugar & cholesterol levels
- May provide cardiovascular benefits
- May treats PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
Do not use if: You or a family member has history of Thyroid Cancer (MTC) or Endocrine System Condition (MEN2)
While taking Tirzepatide or any weight loss medication, drink ample amounts of water daily.
Answers to your questions:
- After I leave your office, how should I store my Tirzepatide? Answer: Tirzepatide should be refrigerated.
- There is a dimple in the center of the vial. Does that mean the Tirzepatide has been used? Answer: Those taking a vial of Tirzepatide are receiving sealed, fresh bottles that have not been used. The “dimple” indicates the best place for the needle to be inserted.
- My vial is not full. What is wrong? Answer: Nothing. You are purchasing 200 units/4.5 mg. of medication. It only takes up a portion of the sealed vial. It has not been opened nor has it been used.
- May I return the medication should it not work as I’d hoped or if I break the vial or I change my mind. Answer: No. This is a prescriptive medication and cannot be returned or refunded.
- Which is more effective…Semaglutide or Tirzepatide? Answer: Tirzepatide is typically more effective than prior weight loss medications, including Semaglutide. However, if you are taking Semaglutide and doing well on that medication, we encourage you to stay on Semaglutide.